Welcome to the #800gChallenge! We are so excited to bring you our next group nutrition program, and in-house nutrition program with all the accountability and ‘pro tips’ you need to make 2020 your best year yet. Read below for all the details and mark your calendar for the #800g Challenge kick-off and seminar on January 29th!
THE RULES OF THE CHALLENGE
Eat 800 grams (g) of fruits and vegetables a day. No foods are off-limits, but you only count your fruits and vegetables towards challenge points. Raw, cooked, canned, frozen; doesn’t matter! If you can weigh it as a standalone and unprocessed fruit or vegetable, you can count it. See photos posted below for reference. Your choices can be higher carb, lower carb, all fruit, perfect Paleo: it’s up to you.
SO WHY 800G?
February 1st, 2020 – Feb 29th, 2020
We’ll kick off the challenge with a Nutrition Seminar on Wednesday, January 29th at 6:30 pm. EDX Coach Kari will lead a 1-hour seminar for challenge participants only. We will talk all things nutrition – lifestyle, plate setup, macros and much more! This will be your opportunity to collect all the nutrition ‘pro tips,’ as well as get your specific questions answered.
- 2 points are awarded for eating 800 grams of fruits and/or vegetables in a day. You do not get extra points for any amount over 800g.
- 1 additional point is awarded for “diversity”: when 6 or more fruits and/or vegetables are used to hit your daily 800g total (where each of these 6+ items has to have a minimum of 25g). Hitting 800g is a day is a prerequisite to being eligible for this point.
- 1 point is also awarded for each class completed at EDX CrossFit (max 5 points per week). A run on your own or workout in your home gym does. not. count.
We will award a one-hour Nutrition Coaching Session to the person with the highest point total at the end of the month. We’ll also have a few runner-up prizes.
- $40 per person
- At the front desk!
- You must sign up by WEDNESDAY, JAN 29th prior to the seminar. No sign-ups can occur after that date. None.
- Further instructions for score logging will be emailed and posted at the front desk by Friday, January 31st.
- EDX CrossFit members’ spouses, significant others or roommates can participate, as well! Get the whole house onboard to stay motivated throughout the challenge.
- The same rules apply, except no workout points are awarded for non-members and they are not eligible for the prizes 😉
Comment below or send us an email to [email protected].